Enter your email address so that we can email you the password
Schools Screenings and Events
We believe that film and cinema have an increasingly important role to play within the National Curriculum, aiding pupils’ learning and development throughout their formal education.
Our London-based education team work closely with teachers and Local Education Authorities to deliver a diverse year-round programme of screenings, talks and workshops, all carefully designed to complement the National Curriculum at different levels and develop young people’s cine-literacy skills.
Our education department, working on behalf of Picturehouse venues in Brixton, Clapham, Greenwich, Hackney, Notting Hill and Stratford, currently offers the following screenings and events for Primary, Secondary and post-16 pupils:
• Regular themed programmes of educational screenings and workshops around Black History Month, Anti-Bullying Week, MFL, National Storytelling Week, Science and Engineering Week and much more
• Regular Teacher Advisory Panels, where you can join us for an informal chat over a glass of wine to give feedback and help us shape our offer for schools.
• Film industry workshops and events.
• Autism-friendly schools’ screenings.
• End-of-term treat screenings.
• Group discounts to watch films on general release.
• Private hire screenings of any back catalogue films, including archive material, contemporary releases, shorts, documentaries, festival titles and world cinema.
• Screen hire for ‘red carpet’ events and screenings of your own films.
• Advice on sourcing films and speakers on specific subjects.
• Guidance on follow-up work and sourcing of available teaching resources.
Tickets for our educational events start from £2.50 per pupil. To find out more about our educational rates see How to Book.
To join our schools mailing list email the Picturehouse Education team specifying Primary, Secondary or Post-16 and the borough within which your school is situated.
firstname.lastname@example.org/ 07967 047 401
email@example.com/ 07918 745 267
Follow us on Twitter @PHEducation
Keep up to date with our Picturehouse Education blog
The following teaching resources have been developed to support titles from our current and past primary schools programmes. Each resource highlights how the film is relevant to specific curriculum areas, introduces cine-literacy and contains suggested pre- and post- screening activities and discussion points.
La Belle et La Bête KS2 PDF
The Iron Giant KS1&2 PDF
Arctic Tale KS1 PDF
March of the Penguins KS2 PDF
Ant Bully KS1&2 PDF
Kes KS2 PDF
Coming to England KS1&2 PDF
Amazing Grace KS2 PDF
Earth KS2 PDF
Ice Age: The Meltdown KS1&2 PDF
Into The West KS2 PDF
Jason and the Argonauts PDF
Microcosmos KS1 PDF
The Princes Quest Cineliteracy Resource PDF
Whale Rider PDF