Enter your email address so that we can email you the password
Chef de Partie, Hackney Picturehouse
We are recruiting a Chef de Partie to work in our busy kitchen. The successful candidate will have at least two years’ experience working in a professional kitchen. A passion for all things food is appreciated. Experience of working on private events and a proven track record of delivering results are desirable.
Please note there is a requirement to work 40 hours a week over any of the seven days with regular work in the evenings and at weekends.
We offer £7.92 per hour plus bonus opportunities in a fast-paced but relaxed working environment, with the opportunity to learn and develop your current skills.
To apply for this position please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] with 'Chef de Partie' in the subject line by the end of Friday 18 April 2014.
Front-of-House (F&B) Manager, Abbeygate Picturehouse, Bury St Edmunds
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Front-of-House Manager with a passion for delivering outstanding customer service to lead the team in our No. 4 Hatter Street restaurant.
The successful candidate will have at least two years’ experience managing the front of house in a busy food and drink venue, and at least five years in the hospitality industry. A passion for all things food and drink is an advantage, as is a good knowledge of wines and spirits. Experience of managing private events, an understanding of marketing and proven track record of delivering results is desirable.
Please note there is a requirement to work 40 hours a week over any of the seven days, with regular work in the evenings and at weekends.
Download the full job description here
To apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected] with 'Front-of-House (F&B) Manager, Bury' in the subject line by the end of 18 April 2014.
Picturehouse IT: Python Developers
- Ability to self-lead - a lot of the time you will be deciding what to work on yourself
- Ability to look at big-picture architecture as well as small detail code
- Any experience in DevOps is an advantage as we handle the full stack
- You will be required to work at our office at Hackney Picturehouse, London, 2 or 3 days a week
About the company
- We have a relaxed, family-friendly culture
- We contribute to open-source projects, with any non-sensitive code being available for open sourcing
- We have real customers, who care about the product they use every day
- As a member of staff you will receive free cinema tickets and discounts on food and drink at Picturehouse Cinemas
- We offer flexible work hours and home working (2-3 days a week)
- We use Python for almost everything
- Full stack cinema system from POS and ATM to public websites and internal admin apps
- A distributed, fault-tolerant system, so different parts of the business continue to sell in case of failure
- We sell 25K+ tickets and process 30K+ transactions every day across 60+ cinemas
- We send around 500,000 emails a week
- We run a number websites
More details are available here.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter and your CV to [email protected].
Cinema Managers: notes for applicants
We have relatively low turnover at management level and so opportunities do not arise often. However, when vacancies arise we almost always turn first to the CVs that have been emailed to us and so we encourage you to send in your CV for our consideration.
Cinema managers have to have a wide range of skills including people management, customer service, marketing & promotion, building maintenance, film projection, and food & beverage service. We do, of course, provide in-house training and support in all areas but the more experience you can bring (not necessarily in a cinema or theatre environment) the stronger your chances will be.
We look for people with exceptional organisational skills, flexibility about locations, a readiness to work unsocial hours, ideas about marketing, and a willingness to be completely hands-on. Experience of management is essential and you must, of course, have an interest in film.
Each cinema recruits its own Front of House staff (Front of House Assistants, Supervisors, Duty Managers, Bar and Catering staff). If you are interested in being considered for one of these positions please send your CV to your local cinema (see the "Contact Us" page on your cinema for address details).
Applications for any Cinema Management, Projectionist or Head Office positions can be made by emailing your CV to [email protected]