Enter your email address so that we can email you the password
Front-of-House (F&B) Managers, Hackney Picturehouse
We're looking for two Front-of-House Managers with food & beverage experience and a passion for delivering outstanding customer service. A love of all things food and drink is an advantage, as is a good knowledge of wines and spirits. Experience of managing private events, an understanding of marketing and a proven track record of delivering results are desirable.
Please note you will be required to work 40 hours per week over any of the seven days with regular work in the evenings and at weekends.
Front-of-House (F&B) Manager - download the full job description
You will have at least two years’ experience managing the front of house in a busy food and drink venue and at least five years in the hospitality industry.
Assistant Front-of-House (F&B) Manager - download the full job description
You will have at least two years' experience in the hospitality industry and some experience of co-managing a busy front-of-house area.
To apply for either of these roles, please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] by the end of Friday 14 March.
Please clearly indicate which role you are applying for.
Assistant Manager, the Regal Picturehouse, Henley-on-Thames
To assist the General Manager with providing direction and growth for the Regal and its staff. You will be required to manage operational shifts at the cinema and to be a regular presence during key, busy shifts.
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] by the end of Tuesday 11 March.
Picturehouse IT: Python Developers
- Ability to self-lead - a lot of the time you will be deciding what to work on yourself
- Ability to look at big-picture architecture as well as small detail code
- Any experience in DevOps is an advantage as we handle the full stack
- You will be required to work at our office at Hackney Picturehouse, London, 2 or 3 days a week
About the company
- We have a relaxed, family-friendly culture
- We contribute to open-source projects, with any non-sensitive code being available for open sourcing
- We have real customers, who care about the product they use every day
- As a member of staff you will receive free cinema tickets and discounts on food and drink at Picturehouse Cinemas
- We offer flexible work hours and home working (2-3 days a week)
- We use Python for almost everything
- Full stack cinema system from POS and ATM to public websites and internal admin apps
- A distributed, fault-tolerant system, so different parts of the business continue to sell in case of failure
- We sell 25K+ tickets and process 30K+ transactions every day across 60+ cinemas
- We send around 500,000 emails a week
- We run a number websites
More details are available here.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter and your CV to [email protected].
Cinema Managers: notes for applicants
We have relatively low turnover at management level and so opportunities do not arise often. However, when vacancies arise we almost always turn first to the CVs that have been emailed to us and so we encourage you to send in your CV for our consideration.
Cinema managers have to have a wide range of skills including people management, customer service, marketing & promotion, building maintenance, film projection, and food & beverage service. We do, of course, provide in-house training and support in all areas but the more experience you can bring (not necessarily in a cinema or theatre environment) the stronger your chances will be.
We look for people with exceptional organisational skills, flexibility about locations, a readiness to work unsocial hours, ideas about marketing, and a willingness to be completely hands-on. Experience of management is essential and you must, of course, have an interest in film.
Each cinema recruits its own Front of House staff (Front of House Assistants, Supervisors, Duty Managers, Bar and Catering staff). If you are interested in being considered for one of these positions please send your CV to your local cinema (see the "Contact Us" page on your cinema for address details).
Applications for any Cinema Management, Projectionist or Head Office positions can be made by emailing your CV to [email protected]